A membership card from Tow Sebago provides membership benefits for any recreational vessel covered by Tow Sebago membership. Any person operating a covered vessel is entitled to receive membership benefits for that vessel.
- Tow Sebago membership cost $275 per year.
If you sign up before April 1st, membership is only $250.
- Calls received after sunset will have an additional hazard charge of $125/hr for current members, $175/hr for non-members billed on the hour in addition to the membership fee.
- Members get priority for services over non-members.
- Tow Sebago membership allows for 3 incidents per year included in membership. After 3 incidents you will be billed on the half hour; $75.00 per half hour after the first hour of service. One hour minimum service.
- The vessel is covered for services regardless of who is the captain of the boat at the time of the incident, so long as the Tow Sebago membership is active.
- Tow Sebago membership services do not cover vessels which are not part of Tow Sebago, regardless if the paying member or family member are onboard a vessel in need of assistance.
- While under tow, Tow Sebago will be captain of both vessels according to regulations. We will deliver the vessel to an agreed upon Safe Location unless the captain deems the location is unacceptable due to weather or other issues.
Sample membership sticker to be placed on windshield or in a highly visible area.
How do I sign up and what information do I need?
- Signing up is easy and can be completed in just a few minutes. We accept membership applications online or by phone at 207-800-0200. When signing up, you’ll be asked for the name, address and phone number of the person whose name appears on the boat registration(s), the year, make, length, color, name, registration or documentation number, and the hull and engine type of each vessel.
- Additionally, we’ll ask you for home port information regarding the primary vessel, specifically if the boat is trailered, kept at a marina, or docked at home on the lake. Following this, we’ll ask you for the name of the boat ramp or marina you use most frequently.
- Online or phone membership applications require payment via a credit or debit card. Payment may be made using Visa, MasterCard, or Discover.
Tow Sebago offers a discount for customers who own more than one boat. Remember, your membership is for services specific for a single vessel, and we don’t want you left adrift! Each additional boat, be it a PWC, another power boat, or a sailboat, can be covered for an additional $100 per vessel. In order to qualify, each boat must be registered to the same person.
We offer a 10% discount for military and first responders, please call us directly for details and verification.
Tow Sebago reserves the right to ask for boat registration at the time of service.
If intoxicated or abusive towards any staff member or captain of Tow Sebago, we have the right to cancel membership without reimbursement.
Other Membership Policies:
- Neither the vessel in distress nor Tow Sebago vessel shall have more passengers than allowed by the manufacture capacity limit.
- There will be no jumping or swimming while the vessel is under tow. All passengers and equipment shall remain secured until the vessel is delivered to the Safe Location.
- If the Tow Sebago member takes ownership of a new vessel, they may transfer the membership to the new vessel. We ask you to remove the membership sticker from the previously owned vessel and we will happily send a new sticker out immediately.
Not yet a member of Tow Sebago? We can still help. Non-members have access to all services that would normally be provided under the membership, but for a fee. Charges begin when our Captain leaves the dock and end when they are back to the agreed upon Safe Location. Hourly fees are billed on the half hour at a rate of $200/hr, with a minimum of one hour for non-members. The average service time being 1 ½ hours. Payment is due at the time service is requested and agreed upon online. Avoid the out-of-pocket expense by becoming a Tow Sebago member today. Remember, our members get priority service over non-members.
Fuel Delivery – If a non-member requires a delivery of gas but does not want to become a member, a $150 delivery fee will be paid prior to Tow Sebago departing for the call. The cost of the fuel is not included in this price. Fuel is charged in 5 gallon increments.
If referred by an active member of Tow Sebago please provide the membership number so they can get a credit towards next year’s dues.
Fill out the non-member work order form here.